Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dear Vennila

Dear Vennila,

Tomorrow, we leave Portland to fly halfway around the world to India. Again. This time, I'm bringing Mike. We're coming just for YOU.

Remember when I left India last March? I told you I would be back for you.

A promise is a promise.

Our daughter, Sally, has asked me to convey a message to you when we get there and here it is:

Dear Vennila, Steven, and Michael,

Welcome to our family. We love you already even though we haven't met you yet. Be well. We are hoping for all good things to come your way.

Love,
Sally

Vennila, I know you can't read this message yet, but someday you will. You WILL. You CAN.

We will see you soon! Remember: God has your name engraved on the palms of his hands.

With love,

Mike and Betty

3 comments:

  1. HOORAY!! YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all looking forward to welcoming you "home". You are in the best hands ever with Mike and Betty....much love.
    Namaste! This is "Unknown" or Diane...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete