Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'll Lead Thee and Thee Lead Me . . . . . . . . .

Some have been wondering why I haven't been posting more pictures. It's because I have been so overwhelmed with doing lesson plans and teaching AND wasting time on this blog late at night that I haven't had much opportunity. The sweetest moments I have experienced happen so fast and unexpectedly, I would never have time to whip out my camera - and to be honest, once in awhile something so special happens, a "photo opportunity" would ruin it.

For example, today, I was walking down the hallway when suddenly I felt a little hand take mine. I looked down and a pair of the biggest brown eyes looked up at me with such trust. A little 5 or 6-year old girl walked hand in hand with me all the way to the office with her hand in mine and a delighted smile on her face. She patiently waited while I delivered some materials to the office and then she took my hand again, and we walked back down the hallway until she came to her classroom and skipped away. No, my friends. That's my special memory filed away. No pictures. It would have ruined that special moment. A clueless American woman and a little five-year old bringing back  memories of my own children's little hands in mine. Two such disparate souls walking together for a moment. "I lift thee and thee lift me, and together we'll ascend to Heaven."

3 comments:

  1. That brought tears to my eyes. What a privilege. Yes, that would definitely make your day. Thank you for sharing it with us. Spreading joy around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am serious, Betty. Please keep a journal and put these memories down. You could write a book and it could make a difference in this world...You ARE making a difference. diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, sometimes it just ruins the moment to worry about the camera. Just ruin a few for us, okay? And have someone take a few with you in them too. I always forget to do that, but years later I am glad I did when I remember.

    ReplyDelete