Saturday, March 24, 2012

Let's Call It A Day

I'll be leaving for HOME in less than 24 hours. My Mother needs me worse than India and I need to go.

It's been a wild ride. I thank every one of you who have supported me with kind words and warm wishes. Thank you to everyone who kept up with my rantings. Thank you to those of you who loyally posted and voiced your love and support for me. I could not have done India without you.

I will miss this people. I will miss them so much.

Vennila, I'll be back for you. A promise is a promise.

Deepenraj
Joseph
Tammilakya
Pryanka
Theresa
Papitha
'Special' Sangeetha
Pasitha
Ambiga
Mahalakshmi
Shankar
Sujatha
Beulah
Gracie
Soniya
Krishmamorthy
Manadoya
Karpagavalli
Devi
Prithika
Keerthika
Nagalaksmi
Usha
Gracie (again)
Mani
Sumithra
Devi Prya
Sarenraj
Ashok
Rameesh
Vignesh
Divya
Buji
Shalini
Monisha
Monika
Vonodhini
Ashwin
Gopi
Pryanka (again)
Angelique
Vadavu
Kala
Nathan
Sankar
Rajah Kumari
Vinodhini (again)
Megala
Logashwari
Karchik
Sathya

My. Heart. Is. Breaking. Because of you, I will always be a part of India. Thank you for the hugs, the kisses, the spontaneous love, the smiles,  . . . . . and for not giving me head lice.

I love you all, forever. May God be with you. May the wind be forever at your backs. May you bless your country with your skills and abilities. "Be the change in the world that you wish it to become." -
Mahatma Gandhi.

With so much love,
Mr. Johnson

11 comments:

  1. So glad you had this blessing of an experience, thank you for keeping up your blog. Glad you are coming closer! You have been missed and I know you will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will go back with you! It will be kind-of like our mother/daughter trip to Florida, only on a plane instead of in a car. And maybe with less nearly-naked, guitar playing men. But only maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, I'm glad you are going to make it home safely but if your mother needs you that is probably not good news. I wish her and you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, I'm glad that it looks like you will make it home with no head lice or snake bites. However if your mother needs you I suspect that is not good news. I wish her, and you, the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are on your way home. I am praying for your mom and you. I have so enjoyed your blog, but enjoy talking to you in person...I send you and your mom blessings and love. di

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, so sorry to hear your mom is having problems. Hope your trip home goes smoothly and your mom is okay. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're coming home, you've had an amazing experience. I've loved reading about it and commenting from time to time. Please don't bring home any snakes though. :D I hope we can all get together shortly when you're back.

    John & Amy Hay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably your family really needing you is the only way you would have left a few days earlier than scheduled. It's pretty amazing what you accomplished. It's hard for you leaving your new friends. I cannot imagine how they are feeling losing you. I too hope your mom will improve with you being with her. Safe travels and good luck with your adjustment back to civilization.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. I hope your mom is okay. You are an angel! India has been blessed to have you as long as they did. I'm so glad you are my friend.

    There is an envelope on its way to India with bookmarks my students made for some of your students. It has your name on it, so if you can let someone there know that they can open it and give out the bookmarks. My students colored them with your student's names and I laminated them and put pretty yarn on them. I hope they get them.

    Love you,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurray for a closer betty! Hope mom is okay. . . safe travels!

    ReplyDelete