Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Falling in Love

If I just hadn't gone up on the roof tonight . . . . . .

 In the still of the cool and quiet evening, it is late and I cannot sleep. So I walk up the stairs to the roof and I stand gazing at the stars. There are millions of stars that seem so close, it feels as if I am standing in stardust. Orion, with his sword raised and belt blazing, ready to do battle. The North Star, directing sailing ships loaded with spices. Cassiopea. Jupiter. Venus still visible through the beautiful Palm Trees. This is the night when I, alone, seem to own the stars.

Alone. At one with a reverence and a comfort I cannot name; a longed for peacefulness of spirit and soul. I am humbled and awed before the majesty, splendour, and beauty of Heaven. I am forgiven. Peace at last. Imagine that.

In a heartbeat, I have fallen in love with India.  

8 comments:

  1. You are right! I am a stalker lately! :) Enjoying your posts and can't wait to see pictures of you in a sari. That's right, i said pictures. Congrats grandma on the twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - I'm going to win my battle with the housemaids over wearing a sari, but I have to say, they are tireless campaigners. American women just can't carry it off. Indian women are incredibly graceful when they walk. Well, they don't walk. They GLIDE. It comes from years of wrapping themselves in yards of fabric. Stop stalking me and write! I hope you get your letter. But the little old man in the pith helmet is pretty frail.

      Delete
  2. I can see the stars in my mind through your beautiful words....di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post reminds me of the Movie Phenomenon, with John Travolta. Specifically, I remember the scene where he is trying to help the female star understand him as he tells her of the swaying trees. It is like one of those aha moments when everything becomes crystal clear and you can see eternity. Well said Betty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! It actually posted! I can't believe it! I am in awe of this moment! I have tried to post since you started this blog; this is the first one that actually made it (well, now the second if my reply also posts)!

      Delete
    2. That's exactly what happened, Jared; eternity became crystal clear. Thanks for the response. Blogging takes some getting used to, but once a person gets the hang of it, it's a great way to decompress after a busy, busy day.

      Delete
  4. Looks like someone got their wish of being fondled for Valentine's Day....in an ethereal sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? How is one fondled in an ethereal sense? I may be way too literal for ethereal fondling. Either you are or you aren't. No wiggle room there. But I am living in an Ashram. Anything is possible. I'll karma-dharma the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete